Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New and Old

A couple notes about today: we received some squash and zucchini for a member of the church and I was like...uh...what do I do with this?? So, after getting an idea from a new friend, I cubed them and sautéed them in oil with minced garlic, salt and pepper. Tonight was the second try and with the addition of Paprika (ahem...thank you, Kayla!) I thought they were actually pretty good! Although, they did NOT go over well with the boys—mostly Caleb...Ethan still insists on repeating everything his big brother says and does...otherwise I think he might have liked them! So, please let me know if you have any better ideas because I still have a large size of each left to eat!

Another big accomplishment for the week: We've been saving a lot on cable and getting really good TV reception with our rabbit ears the past few years. Sadly, however, they did not survive the last move so well :( This has been hardest on Kevin because his favorite place to unwind at the end of the day is in his recliner with a cold Miller Lite. So...after meeting the owners of our current house this evening, we learned there is an antenna on the roof that might very will have potential! We just had to figure out the peculiar looking box with a dial marked N, S, E & W. Surprisingly, after just a few attempts we (well, Kevin) was able to get signals for almost 25 channels (although some weren't very clear and others were duplicates)! Just another baby step toward feeling like home!

Oh...and I bet you can't guess where Kevin fell asleep tonight? :)

1 comment:

  1. With the zucchini, you can grate it and make zucchini bread or banana/zucchini bread. I guarantee that the boys won't even know it's there!

    Can't help you out with the squash though. I don't like it myself.

    ReplyDelete